The Centre for Baha’i Studies Hotel La Panoramica overlooks the village of Acuto, about 220 meters from the center of town is just a 1 minute drive or 5 minutes walk away (though the uphill return may stop those who are not used to walking).
It is located at the crossroads of the old Via Capodimonte, today Via Giovanni Falcone.
At 750 meters above sea level, it is a reference point for pilgrims heading to Vallecorsa, the birthplace of Santa Maria De Mattias, religious figure most beloved in Ciociaria, whose traces and memory are visible everywhere in the village of Acuto. It is possible to see the places and homes with the Saint lived and worked and visit the Institute of The Sisters Worshipping the Blood of Christ, which she founded.
Acuto is home to the Mother House of the Sisters Worshipping the Blood of Christ, founded in 1834 by Maria De Mattias, who was declared Blessed in 1950 by Pope Pius XII and proclaimed a Saint in 2003 by Pope John Paul II.
The Center of Study: Hotel La Panoramica is 7km from the thermal waters and baths of Fiuggi (10 minutes, 20 minutes from Lake Canterno), 31.4km from the Valmontone Outlets (30 minutes), 40km from Frosinone (36 minutes), 39.1km from the ski resort of Campocatino (53 minutes), 47.2km from the ski resort of Campo Staffi (1 hour and 10 minutes), 76 km from the city of Rome (55 minutes) and about 18km from the city of Naples (1 hour and a half).
How to reach us:
- By train: take the Roma-Napoli line via Cassino, get off at the Anagni-Fiuggi stop. Continue on the Co.Tra.L bus to Fiuggi and down to the Bivio for Acuto stop. Tickets for the bus are purchased at the Train Station Bar.
- Motorway: A1 (Milan-Napoli), take the Anagni-Fiuggi exit (19). Continue on the Anticolana Freeway in the direction of Fiuggi, take the exit on the left to Bivio Acuto.
- By bus from Fiuggi: from the Co.Tra.Lstop “Fiuggi” take the direct bus to Acuto (the stop is at the entrance of the town). Tickets are purchased at the Bar of the Station Co.Tra.L and at the newsstand on the opposite side of the street, a few meters from the entrance of the Baths of Bonifacio VIII.